THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Grasshoppers Have Two Eyes

When I was a young child and Keds with rubber toes were on my feet, my mother wore Grasshoppers. Her Grasshoppers were slip-on canvas shoes with a slightly pointed toe, short tongue and two eyes for the laces. It was hard for me to understand why they were called grasshoppers because they didn't look at all like the grasshoppers that were hopping around in the grass. They were lightweight and flexible....so maybe that is why.

I must have had on an invisible pair the last few days. At least I've been hopping from one thing to the next. It is difficult to get anything finished when you are hopping back and forth.

Everything that I have tried to accomplish has had several steps that required some patience and waiting so I would hop right on over to another task. At the end of the day, I was pretty tired of hopping and didn't feel as though I had gotten anything done.

A few weeks month ago (time really hops flies), I bought this vanity stool at a flea market.



I have been trying to duplicate antiqued bronze on this stool before upholstering the seat. After many attempts and hopping back and forth, I think I have it. It is going in the bathroom that I am redecorating (also one of those hopping projects). What do you think?



I now have a greater appreciation for contractors that come in and do the work for you, especially after I fell in the tub while priming the walls that were almost out of my reach. After the fall, I bounced hopped right back up. It seems that this redo has had many falls associated with it.

The painting is done.



I've bought the fabric for the shower curtain and vanity stool.



This is one project that I am ready to see it all come together! No more hopping! This time next week? Well, not totally! We found some old ceiling tiles at that same flea market yesterday that I want to use on the cabinets, but that will require some more hopping as I duplicate the antique bronze on them, too.

When you have been hopping around like a grasshopper from one thing to the next, something quick and easy is in order. Sunday Dinner recipes are just that....

Quick Chicken-N-Rice

1 box Chicken Rice-a-Roni, prepared
4 chicken breasts, cooked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cheddar cheese

Layer Rice-a-roni, chicken, soup. Top with cheese. Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes.

Easy Chicken Cacciatore Bake

1 Can Italian style diced tomatoes
2 cups zucchini slices
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup Shake-n-Bake seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups penne pasta, cooked

Toss tomatoes and zucchini in a 9X13 baking dish. Place coating mix and chicken in a plastic bag. Shake to coat chicken. Place coated chicken over tomato and zucchini mixture. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Serve over penne pasta.


If the shoe fits, wear it well!

1 comments:

Amber said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it in a week! Is it going to be complete? Do I need to bring an air mattress? Love you!